January 18, 2021
Kindergarten Registration 2021 – James Hill Elementary School
James Hill Elementary welcomes new Kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Registration opens January 18 and continues through until March 31, 2021. Registration will not be available at the school during Spring Break, from March 13 –28, 2021.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Due to COVID-19, our schools will be modifying registration this year to meet health and safety guidelines and support the needs of families. If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact the school by phone: 604-530-0251 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available on District website and child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (fillable pdf) and have documents ready.
See above checklist.
- Submit documents on-line or in-person.
Please email email@example.com and submit copies of documents as attachments and not images inserted into the body of the email. This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided.
Please visit the school on Monday-Friday between 9:30am-12:00pm or 12:30pm-3:00pm. A staff member will meet you outside at the school entrance to receive your child’s registration and documents. Staff will make copies of any documents required. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided. Please abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols, maintaining physical distancing, and wearing a mask.
- Once registrations are complete (after March 31st) you will receive confirmation of registration and any other relevant information. We will also be sending a ‘Welcome to Kindergarten’ package with valuable information and dates to get you and your family ready for September.
We look forward to meeting all our future James Hill Elementary School students!