Health and Safety Protocols -March 2022
COVID Guidelines -Jan 21/2022
As indicated in the BCCDC guidelines and confirmed by Fraser Health, there has been a change in the isolation requirements related to close contacts:
For People who Test Positive
- Fully vaccinated individuals must isolate for 5 days.
* Fully vaccinated means having had two doses of any WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine, or one dose of the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.
- Unvaccinated/partially vaccinated individuals isolate for:
- 5 days if they are under 18 years of age
- 10 days if they are 18 years of age or over
If Symptomatic, but Testing Was Not Recommended
- Self-isolate until symptoms improve, no longer have a fever, and feel well enough to return to normal activities.
For Close Contacts
- Close contact definition: generally someone who has been near a person with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes when health and safety measures were not in place or were insufficient.
- Isolation is not currently indicated for close contacts.
- Close contacts should monitor for signs and symptoms and if they develop, seek advice regarding testing.
- To find out if testing is necessary, the “Thrive App” can be used – either using the web form on a computer of the downloadable app. 811 can also be contacted.
Covid Procedures for Managing Illness -Jan 2022
2021-22 September Start Up COVID-19 Update Checklist for James Hill Elementary
Contact Tracing Information Chart -2021