Posted: October 9, 2017
Families of James Hill,
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with friends and/or family. Here are some updates and reminders for the week ahead:
- We have noticed an increase in the number of toys being brought to school by students and a correlating increase in toys causing problems (getting lost, taken, or causing distractions). We ask for your cooperation in leaving the toys at home (cards, spinners, etc). If your child brings something from home that helps him/her at school (a tool), please discuss this with the teacher. Fewer toys at school mean less cluttered classrooms and a cleaner learning area while also causing fewer problems for students (due to aforementioned issues). Thank you for your help with this!
- If you have not handed in your Entertainment Books, they were due a few weeks ago, so please hand them into the office ASAP.
- Hot lunch this week is Subway on Friday.
- An advanced reminder that October 20 is a provincial Pro-D day so there will be no school for students. Also, a heads up that Parent-Teacher conferences will be on Nov 1 from 2:00-7:30 and Nov 2 from 2:00-4:30. An online sign up will come out in the coming weeks.
- Please do not park in the drop off zone or outside of marked parking stalls. Parking in these areas causes safety problems in our parking spots.
- Do you have children birth-5? Have you checked out our StrongStart Center? StrongStart is a free, play-based learning opportunity for children with their parents (and guardians, support persons) and occurs each school day from 1-4pm at the school. Pop by the school to check it out! Click here to read a July article in the Langley Times on Strong Start.
- James Hill Breakfast Program is open each school day from 8:00-8:30 and is free to all James Hill families. This wonderful program relies on volunteers. If you are interested in helping out once in a while, please sign up here.
Have a great week!