Posted: October 1, 2017
Families of James Hill,
Here are some reminders and updates for the week ahead!
- Thank you to all those who supported Orange Shirt Day and our walk for reconciliation last week. Check out the Facebook Page for some beautiful photos of students and hearts filled with messages of love and hope.
- Don’t forget to bring your Entertainment Books or payment back to your child’s teacher or into the office tomorrow.
- PAC Meeting Monday night at 6:45. All parents welcome.
- We will be having a soft fire drill this week to help our students be better prepared in case of an emergency. Having this at school is always a good reminder to discuss fire safety (and an escape route) at home as well.
- Thursday, October 5 is World Teachers Day but at James Hill, we celebrate all the staff. I encourage you to take a moment to say “thank you” to a James Hill staff member who has had an impact on your child. Small gestures mean the world!
- Friday, October 6 is a curriculum implementation day so there is no school for students. Staff at James Hill will be enhancing their skills in the area of literacy and then collaborating on further implementing the redesigned curriculum in the classrooms.
- A reminder that Monday, October 9 is Thanksgiving so all schools are closed.
- Don’t forget to take advantage of our breakfast program that is open each school day from 8:00-8:30 in room W16. It is free and open to all families!
- Parking – please do not park in the drop off zone that is in front of the school. If parents park there, it creates a dangerous situation as parents are forced to drop their kids off in the lanes which should be “through” lanes. Also, please do not park in staff parking spots. We have some staff that arrive at school (at the bell) and are unable to park. Thank you for your help with this!
Have a great week!