Posted: March 11, 2018
- A reminder that report cards were published online on Friday. If you cannot access the parent portal, you can request a paper copy through your child’s teacher.
- With the warmer weather and the completion of our intramural hockey league, students have taken to the hockey box for a little ball hockey. Upon consideration (based on injury prevention), I have decided that only sticks with plastic blades will be permitted while playing hockey at school (shin pads are also not a bad idea!). We have some sticks at the school but grade 2-5 students may bring their sticks from home as long as they have a plastic blade. Grade 4/5 students have the hockey box on M-W-F while grade 2/3 students have it on T-Th.
- We will be having another earthquake drill on Tuesday before lunch. These drills are not only important for our students but also important for families to reflect on your emergency preparedness.
- Our Sacred Teaching this week is Respect and the animal is the Bison. We must respect all those around us… plants, animals, the Earth… and each other.
- Parent-teacher and student-led conferences are Wednesday and Thursday of this week. You can still sign up for a timeslot by going to our SignUp page here.Students will be dismissed at 1:45 on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Friday is the last day before Spring Break… and is BEACH DAY! We encourage all students to wear their fun beach wear to school on Friday (school dress guidelines still apply! 🙂 )
- I have had a few parents ask me if they can start going on their Identity Day projects at home. Kids are excited about these projects and we love the idea of families supporting the projects. More info will be coming out this week on how to support your child with their project.
- Following Spring Break, school will be back in session on Wednesday, April 4th (Easter falls within spring break this year).