Posted: June 4, 2017
Families of James Hill,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week ahead:
- Our final monthly/grade 5 honouring assembly will be Tuesday at 2pm.
- Sports Day is this Friday! An email was sent out Friday but if you have not checked the info, it can all be found here. If you are able to help our PAC and volunteer at our concession that day, click here to sign up.
- A reminder that school supplies info was sent out earlier this week. You can view the ordering instructions here.
- Some have asked if they can donate to our breakfast program. The program is meant to be free but it does require donations to run. If you would like to make a cash donation, you can bring a cheque or cash to the office. If you would like a tax receipt, the cheque needs to be payable to the Langley School District Foundation with a note that it is for the James Hill Breakfast Program. Next year we will have an online donation option. Thank you to those who have brought in milk, break, etc and to all those businesses who have helped with donations for our highly successful first 6 months. For more info on the program as well as the financial supporters, click here.
- If you shop at McGavin’s Bread Basket here in Langley, you can also support the breakfast program. More info here.
- Check out our Community Bulletin Board for local opportunities for kids and families.
Article of the Week: This week’s article features the importance of “invented spelling” and success in reading. With younger children, instead of correcting their spelling, ask them to read it back to you. For more information on this, go to: Sight Words Are so 2016: New Study Finds the Real Key to Early Literacy
Have a great week!