Posted: January 7, 2018
Families of James Hill,
Welcome to 2018!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday and shared some memorable moments as families. Here are some updates and reminders for the week ahead:
- Our breakfast program continues this week. A reminder that students must be supervised while at the program and we do not have supervision outside until 8:30. If students finish eating prior to 8:30, they must stay in the room or be under parent/caregiver supervision. The program is always looking for adult volunteers – you can sign up here!
- My apologies to Marg and Jon who wanted me to send out this thank you and Merry Christmas note, that includes many of our program student leaders, prior to the break!
- The James Hill Hockey League will start next week for all interested students in grades 4 and 5! Students will play for their house teams in a friendly, competitive quest for the Golden Boot. Games take place Monday-Thursday at lunch hour in the gym. The schedule will come out later this week. Grade 3 students also have a chance to play in some hockey on Fridays at lunch. I am hoping to have some friendly games this week at lunch so tell your child to stay tuned!
- Kindergarten Registration is coming next Monday, January 15. Registration begins on this date and continues through March 31. You MUST register before March 31 so we encourage you to come in during January/February. More info here.
- A reminder that there is an early dismissal on Monday, January 15 at 1:25 for collaboration.
- Are you interested in hearing some passionate speakers share their ideas worth spreading? The 4th annual TEDx LangleyED is happening on Saturday, January 20 in Fort Langley. Tickets and information can be found here.
Have a great week!